Did you know that over 50% of all gambling is now done using mobile devices? This should come as no surprise, really. Nearly all of us are walking around with phones or tablets in our hand 24/7, and this makes it pretty simple to slide in a nice bit of gambling during our morning commute, or maybe when we are sitting in front of a television.
This page is all about playing mobile games ‘on the go’. We want to introduce you to what options you, as a player, have at your disposal.
Why We Chose ZTE Devices to Do Test Mobile Games
"In a limited-edition event, www.fineonlinecasinos.com were invited to try out some ZTE devices on different online casino platforms. We wanted to cover smartphones and tablets and started going through the list of available devices. After much deliberation, we decided to go with the smartphone ZTE Axon 7, to perform our online casino app test."
"For the tablet portion of our device test, we used the ZTE Trek 2, and we ran Atlantic City Blackjack Gold on it. Usually, improper visual scaling with table games is a common issue with most tablets, but we were happy to discover that there was no problem here, as the Trek 2 properly displayed the game – from corner to corner. After our initial analysis, we decided to test both devices with other online casino apps, and they didn't disappoint; in fact, we were impressed."
"We chose the gaming title “Mega Moolah” and observed an incredibly vivid and crisp image quality. While the colors did look well, it isn't what impressed us as much as the functionality of the game itself. The chop-less smoothness with which elements were moving around, was giving off an overall “flagship device” quality, which we appreciated – the smartphone test was a success."
Real-Money Mobile-Friendly Games
In the past, mobile games were designed using Flash. This was fantastic for development speeds, but nowadays, most of the mobile operating systems have phased out supporting Flash. In fact, many computers no longer support Flash. There are several reasons for this, which we won’t get into on this page. All you really need to know is that older casino games will not run on mobile devices at all.
Thankfully, more and more game developers are starting to create games in HTML5. This is supported on mobile devices. This means that the bulk of casino games being released nowadays will function natively on your phone. There will be no need to download an additional app or anything like that.
Some companies have even gone a step further than this. For example, both Microgaming and NetEnt have released their own line of mobile-ready games. They are called Quickfire and Touch, respectively. While players will be able to play the ‘normal’ version of the game, the mobile version will be optimized even further. For example, you will see the following benefits:
- The loading times will be even faster.
- There will be ‘lower quality’ graphics, which means the games will not be sapping your mobile data allowance when you download them.
- They are easier to browse on mobile devices with optimized menus and control buttons.
Tips for Playing Casino Games on Your Mobile
Whenever you want to play casino games on your phone, it is always important that you read some reviews. This way you will know exactly what you are getting into. However, we also suggest that you think about the following:
- House edge: this is one of the most important things you will need to consider when searching for a game to play. The house edge will give you an indication of how much the machine returns to the player. The lower the house edge, the better.
- Volatility: this is not something that you are going to see listed on mobile slots. You will need to work it out yourself, or just read reviews. Volatility gives an indication of how often the game pays out and in what quantities. So, a slot with low volatility will pay out quite a bit, but the amount of cash will be low. A slot with high volatility will pay out highly, but it will not be that frequent.
- Features: choose a slot which has features that you want to enjoy. It makes the game so much more fun for you to play!
Of course, there is so much more than slots out there. You have all sorts of table games, and even live dealer games that you can play. Perhaps the biggest tip we can give you here is to make sure that whatever game you choose is one that you understand fully. Believe us when we say that if you are playing table games, it is going to be a whole lot easier to win if you actually know what is going on!
Demo Versions for Risk-Free Play
Now, the brilliant thing is that the majority of mobile games out there can be played for free. While you will not be winning any cash if you play these mobile games, you will be able to test out a wealth of different games without needing to pay a single penny to do so. It means that you will have an easier time finding the game that you want to play without bankrupting yourself!
Get the Best Mobile Casino Experience with Native Apps
While nearly every online casino will allow you to play directly through your mobile browser, there are a number of distinct advantages that you can enjoy from downloading the app and playing that way. This includes:
- Push notifications: this way you will always be kept ‘up to date’ with the latest bonuses and games the site has on offer.
- Easy access: why go all the way to the website for the online casino when you can easily open up an app and be instantly taken to any game you want to play?
- Better user experience: obviously, websites need to cater for both mobile and desktop users. This means that they have not necessarily been designed in the best possible way for mobile users. It works, but it could probably be a lot better. Mobile apps have been designed only for mobile users, which means the menus will be better and the navigation will be better too.
Downloading iOS Apps
Downloading mobile apps through iOS is easy. Just open up the app store on your phone, and you will be able to find a plethora of gambling apps. Hit the download button, wait for it to install, and you are good to go.
How to Get an Android Casino App
If you are in one of the following countries, then you will be able to download apps directly from the Play Store on Android:
- United Kingdom
However, outside of this, you need to remember that Google will geo block gambling apps. If you want to download them, you will need to head directly to the online casino and hit the ‘download’ button. There will be a small warning that tells you that you are downloading and installing an app from an outside source and you need to allow it. So, hit the ‘accept’ button if you can trust the online casino.
Google’s Policy on Gambling Apps
Because gambling policies different drastically around the world, Google has severely restricted the download of apps in some countries. While they are not legally responsible for blocking the download of these apps, they have done so, simply to provide them with a bit of protection.
Mobile Payment Methods
While you can use a variety of different deposit methods into your mobile casino account (including bitcoin, credit card, bank deposit etc.) there are several mobile payment apps you can use too. This includes ApplePay and Boku. The idea is that you tie your credit card directly to your account, and when you make a deposit there will be a ‘call’ to the app, which will allow you to confirm the payment. It really is simple!